Halloween pumpkin play dough

 


It may be a little early but I've always been a fan of Halloween and get right in to the spirit of the decoration, dress up and trick or treating. Last year we had a Halloween theme play date and I'll do the same this year for dimples and his friends but for now it's all about psyching him up and building the excitement up with some Halloween craft and play.




First up, some orange play dough, some twigs with leaves on them and a black texter. Easy right. We had fun making these cute jack o lantern heads out of our play dough and they looked so cute.




Starting with some rolling dimples made balls, circular motions on the table and in his hands. Perfect!
Then using a stick he imprinted the sections through the pumpkins.



I made one first as he played and he imitated me straight away making the cutest pumpkin by him self.
Dimples was very pleased as he added in the pumpkin stems, asking me how they grow which started a great discussion. We then talked about the spooky jack I lantern face as I drew one on, then it was his turn.
They turned out so cool that we had to roll it all together and make one huge pumpkin head!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm just stopping over from Making Boys Men where I've just nominated your awesome blog for the Liebster Award (my post goes live Fri 7th) - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously REALLY awesome!!! I am totally going to do this with my 3.5 year old. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! What a fun activity and love all the different things you did to the pumpkin! thanks for sharing on the Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I enjoyed this though I was actually looking for Pumpkin Carving Ideas . I hope it’s fine with you that I could pin them on my Pinterest board. I’m so sure my followers would be happy to see these interesting photos. Keep sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...